Monday, January 29, 2007
Western Oregon University
I'll see Sara Turin who I got to hang out with all summer and meet several of her classmates who are all trusting the Lord and stepping out in faith to see Christ revealed on their campus.
We have two great volunteers too that encourage these men and women to follow Christ. I'll get to have dinner with them and hear their heart for the campus and these students.
And then... and then... I get to speak at their weekly meeting. This is the part when I ask you to pray for me. I get really nervous and yet it is a joy to speak about Christ and help others share their story of how they met their Savior so we can continue to hear story after story of God's GREATNESS and His work in this messy world!
Thursday, January 25, 2007
What is it with light bulbs lately?
I also came home to a fallen shower curtain and have to put a request to fix to the super.
These are the things that seem to happen when you are already tired, grumpy, or cranky and just adds to a bad mood, doesn't it?
Monday, January 22, 2007
It's a Midwest Match-up!
The Colts also won! I love Tony Dungee and it is great to see him go to the super bowl too.
Many have asked which hometown team I'm rooting for.. The Colts from Indiana my homestate or the neighbors to the north, the Bears?
The Bears of course! The Colts didn't exist as the Indianapolis Colts until I was older and I'm a loyal fan to the Bears but the Colts really are my second team to root for.
It will be exciting and I'm going to get my tape of the Super Bowl Shuffle back out! I love that song!
Friday, January 19, 2007
The 80's: Trip Down Memory Lane
My friend, Deb sent me the following on email and it truly reflects some very vivid memories of growing up in the 80's... here is the tribute:
You Know You Grew Up In the 80's if:
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the
3. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom
4. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock"
5. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
6. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
7. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at
8. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in
a knot on the side.
9. You played the game "MASH"(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
10. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
11. You know the profound meaning of " WAX ON , WAX OFF"
12. You wanted to be a Goonie.
13. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe)
14. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell
off and his cheeks shifted.
15. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
16. You took lunch boxes to school...and traded Garbage Pailkids in the
17. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
18. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
19. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you
exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
20. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
21. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are,
but what am I?"
22. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
23. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline
24. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
25. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder
like you were all that.
26. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
27. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
28. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
29. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't
even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB".
30. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By
The Bell," The ORIGINAL class.
31. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
32. You just sang those words to yourself.
33. You still sing "We are the World"
34. You tight rolled your jeans.
35. You owned a bannana clip.
36. You remember "Where's the Beef?"
37. You used to (and probably still do)
say "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?"
38. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Portland Slows Down
Sunday, January 14, 2007
WOOHOO!!!! THE BEARS WIN!
It is a good day (the Colts won too which made me happy)!
Friday, January 12, 2007
One other thing...
Rooting for the Bears
The Bears play on Sunday in the playoffs against the Seattle Seahawks... they already played once this year with the Bears winning. I hope it is the same result on Sunday. Many think I should be rooting for the Seahawks since I'm in Portland now. That is illogical to me. I've been rooting for the Bears forever and I've just lived here for 1 year. Let's be reasonable!
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Bummer About the Bulldogs but a Beautiful Site Otherwise!
BUT on a better note. I was bummed I didn't get to see snow at Christmas and as I was driving to a friend's house last night, the snow started to fall. In Portland, snow rarely happens. I sat in the car for awhile just watching it fall before going into the house. It is beautiful this morning with sun glistening off of it. Unfortunately it will be probably be gone soon but I'll enjoy it while it lasts!
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Go Butler Bulldogs!
Go Bulldogs and good luck! Woohoo!
Monday, January 08, 2007
The Time Warp of Christmas
Christmas with the fam was wonderful. Nice to see everyone and get snippets of news, conversations, and laughs in. I don't really get a full view of what is going on in everyone's lives but just being together is good. I definitely got an education in High School Musical, Nintendo Dogs, and various interests of my nieces and nephews.
Afterwards I spent time at our Portland Winter Conference. It was good to catch up with people but I never feel like I have enough time here either. Again snippets, phrases, and blurbs of people's lives but am glad to hear what the Lord is doing all over the region and world.
After our time with the staff, I crashed and was able to sleep, catch up on world events, and even some movies. The time warp has ended... the days of the week are coming into focus and some sense of normalcy has returned as of today, Jan. 8th. (though I had to look up the date as I typed!)