Wednesday, January 17, 2007

 

Portland Slows Down


Beautiful snow is what I woke up to yesterday in Portland!
A tradition of mine when it is snowing outside is to open the curtains, make hot chocolate, and light a candle as I watch the snowflakes fall which will and have always fascinated me. I learned to appreciate it more too when my friend Holly saw snow for the first time at Butler University. We watched the snow fall and then went outside an made snow angels as well as had a great snowball fight.
Well, here in Portland I'm learning that snow and ice literally stops the city. They don't know how to drive in these conditions. I also learned that people get out their skis and ski to the local coffee shop and talk for hours on end. Pretty fun to watch while drinking my hot chocolate and taking in the view.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?