Sunday, December 02, 2007

 

Unexpected Travel

Unexpected travels usually means unexpected news. My news was about a month ago. My dad called to let me know that he was having some trouble breathing. After several tests the news started to become expected... surgery of some kind.

As I sit here today, I'm grateful to say that his surgery (heart valve replacement) went very well and he is recovering "nicely" as the doctors say.

I'm grateful that my unexpected travel led me "home" to see him and to help my mom during this time. I'm also grateful for the added bonuses with this unexpected travel like going to my nephew's 1st birthday party. Several other nieces and nephews are celebrating their birthdays too. Time with my parents that I would not have had. Celebrating New Year's for the first time in 14 years with them as my dad recovers. Although the trip seemed and can seem to be sad, it also has great potential to have redeeming qualities about it. I'm grateful that the Lord is already allowing me to see His good gifts in the midst of chaos.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?