Monday, October 29, 2007
Random stories that don't relate
1. I was one of the community colleges this week helping with a ministry table. Right away, there was a gal on the outskirts seemingly interested but hanging back a bit. I went over to talk to her and after several questions found out that she grew up in an atheist home but a couple of years ago felt that there was a God and that she wanted to know Him. She was reading about several religions but thought Christianity made sense to her but she wasn't sure she understood who Christ was fully.
I did not waste time and asked her if she would like to hear about the gospel and she could tell me what she thought. She heard and we are continuing to discuss who Christ is by reading through John. Pray that she will continue to grow in her interest in Christ as her Savior. I've emailed her and waiting to hear back from her.
2. Been a little preoccupied with the World Series this past week (but not as much as I could have been if the Cubs were in it). A hearty congrats to the Red Sox fans out there although I was rooting for the Rockies.
As a tribute to the world series being played, I decided to dress up as a woman American League Baseball player for the costume party I went to. One lady at the party was so impressed with the costume. "You look just like a Rockford Peach!" BUT I didn't win the prize, but it was fun.
3. I realized although it felt like I didn't get a lot accomplished, it was nice to know that hard work for the future of our region was set into motion and rewarding to see how the Lord may use it.
4. Saturday explored a neighbohood a mile from where I live. It was a beautiful fall day with lots of sun, brisk breeze, and it felt like a true autumn day. Beautiful views of Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Adams too.
5. Met a friend face-to-face for the first time even though I've known her for 3 years. We first met while I was doing long-distance ministry. While doing her student teaching, she volunteered to reach a neighboring college community. We've been friends ever since. She is here in Portland for 2 months which gave me the opportunity to finally put a face with a name. It is a nice gift to have her and her roommate here.
6. Had a great time hearing from missionaries from the Middle East and India yesterday. Always enjoy hearing what the Lord is doing and how He is being revealed all over the world.