Saturday, June 09, 2007

 

Grand Floral Parade


The Grand Floral Parade was today in Portland. It is similar to the Rose Parade for the Rose Bowl. Floats are all made out of organic materials. This picture is a from last year's parade but will give you an idea of what I saw. Unfortunately, this year it was a bit rainy and cold. I've never seen so many flowers in my life.
Angel and I went downtown early this morning. I wasn't looking forward to the crowds because all week on the news you heard of people taping their claim for a curbside view and how others were ripping up the tape.
However, Angel and I got a great spot to watch and it was worth it. It is one of those things that you just have to see once and although the weather wasn't great, you just never know when you'll be in town for the next parade.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?