Saturday, March 03, 2007

 

Conversations Make Life Interesting...

Whenever people ask me about my hobbies, I don't know what to say usually. My hobbies are so varied and they change over time. I think it is because I enjoy people and what they like to do so I adapt what I do to learn more about them.

So now I usually say my hobby is getting to know people. I enjoy hearing life stories, seeing their worlds, and understanding why we do the things we do.

I realized this again on the plane trip to South Carolina. I sat by two men on two flights and we pretty much talked the whole time. The topics ranged from politics, family, religious background, airlines (those that do well and those that don't), business, and major questions about life.

Very enjoyable though I must say I thought it humourous that one guy would ask a question and in the middle of my answer would interupt and tell me what to do with my life without understanding but that is how it goes sometimes. I learned that some people say they want to know you but have an agenda that comes with it. But overall it was pleasant to talk.

I must say on the way back, I didn't really talk to anyone. Sometimes fictional characters are all I can handle after a long conference;-)

Comments:
I think your hobby is work. :P
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?