Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 

Learning New Skills

Our office is moving across the river, so part of what I've been doing my first week of non-sabbatical life is helping get our office ready.

Last week I painted some eaves and touched up some spots of paint and then cleaned some bathrooms and such. The highlight for me was getting lunch for all our workerbees that have been helping. I hung out with two students from Lewis and Clark. They are so cool.

Today, I learned a new skill though. I always get a little afraid of home improvement type stuff but today was a victory though I'm not sure I'd be doing this in my home. I used a tool the punched wires into place and cut off the excess with one fell swoop. Pretty cool. I also had to place the wires in their color-coded spot for the wires... Pretty high tech... the only problem is I don't know the names of what I accomplished. Supposedly with little schooling, I could make $50,000 a year. I think I'll stay with my day job.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?